Welcome to our website! As we have the ability to list on our website (our selection changes all of the time), it is not feasible for a company our size to record and playback the descriptions on every item on our website. However, if you are an American with a disability we are here to help you. Please call our disability services phone line at 914.232.2020 during regular business hours and one of our kind and friendly personal shoppers will help you navigate through our website, help conduct advanced searches, help you choose the item you are looking for with the specifications you are seeking, read you the specifications of any item and consult with you about the products themselves. There is no charge for the help of this personal shopper for any American with a disability. Finally, your personal shopper will explain our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service, and help you place an order if you so desire.

For The Trade

Bath & Kitchen Glossary

Air Bath:

Bathtubs that have small holes and a pump that forces heated air through the system. These baths provide an overall body massage as opposed to specific targeted area massage.


A sheet of solid color acrylic plastic used for shower pans or bathtubs that is vacuum-formed and reinforced to produce a desired shape.


A method by which a valve controls the water temperature so the user doesn't get burned.


The front extension of a bathtub that runs from the rim to the floor. May also be referred to as a "skirt".

Body Spray:

This is a mini-showerhead that delivers water from a vertical position in the shower. It often targets specific areas of the body and offers a precise therapeutic and invigorating massage.

Centerset Faucet:

Sometimes called a four inch center set. This is a one-piece faucet with hot and cold valves set four inches apart, center to center.

Ceramic Discs:

Two pieces of ceramic within the valve that open and close to allow volume control.


Also referred to as color therapy or light therapy, Chromatherapy uses colors and light to create specific frequencies around the body, through the eyes and retina, to help balance a person's spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health.

Deck Mount Tub:

Plate used to cover unused mounting holes on sinks.

Diverter Valve:

This is a valve designed to direct, or re-direct, mixed water to a specific location. It can be used in tubs, showers, sinks and bidets.

Escutcheon Plate:

Plate used to cover unused mounting holes on sinks.

Escutcheon Ring:

The base of a faucet or accessory where the metal hits the wall or counter.

Farmhouse Sink:

Has an exposed decorative front.

Free Standing Tub:

This is a stand alone tub with separate feet or a base that rests on the floor.


Gallons per minute -- The amount of water that flows through an outlet, such as a showerhead or a tub spout. Showerheads are regulated to 2.5 GPM.


A chemical change that causes metal to change color.

Pressure Balance Valve:

These valves are designed to compensate for changes in water.pressure, thus keeping the temperature constant.


Term used to refer to the valves that are installed behind the wall.

Self Rimming Sink:

Has a finished lip that rests on top of the counter.

Thermostatic Valve:

A type of anti-scald valve that controls the temperature in a shower. Separate volume controls are needed.

Undermount Sink:

Mounted to the underside of the counter, eliminating the lip on top of the counter.


The actual device that mixes the hot and cold water and controls the flow of the water to its desired location. It controls the water temperature and/or volume.


Bathtubs that are equipped with a motor and jets to move water and air that provides a therapeutic massage experience.

Wide Spread:

Faucet Where the spout, hot and cold valves are separate pieces. Most can be installed anywhere between 6" to 16" center to center.